A contact can be opted out from receiving texts a couple different ways:
- The contact opts themselves out by responding to a text from a BPD Tracking Number with one of the following opt out verbs: 'unsub', 'optout', 'stop', 'stopall', 'unsubscribe', 'cancel', 'end', 'quit'. In following US compliance guidelines, if a contact replies with one of those words, you should not ever be contacting them after that point unless then opt back in. Doing so can hurt your tracking numbers reputation or worse be fined or hit with other legal repercussions. This will only opt out the contact from that particular conversation, any other conversations with a different tracking number or contact phone number will still be active.
- A user can manually opt out a specific conversation. In the following image you can click on the bottom where it says "stop outgoing SMS on this conversation" to prevent further texts from going out.
- A user can also manually do a FULL opt out of the contact. This opts out ALL conversations for the contact and prevents any new conversations from starting from other tracking numbers. This can be done by going to the contacts page and clicking the gear icon on the right, then clicking "SMS Opt Out"
- Opt out matching contacts via API. This endpoint can be used to opt out contacts from SMS (as well as emails). You can provide an email and/or phone number and any matched contacts will be opted out as instructed in the parameters. This does a FULL unsubscribe for contacts.
- api_user ( located under Settings >> CRM >> API Information )
- api_secret ( located under Settings >> CRM >> API Information )
- contact_email - email to match contacts
- contact_phone - phone to match contacts
- opt_out_email - "true" or "false". "true" will opt out matching contacts from receiving emails. "false" will opt them in
- opt_out_sms - "true" or "false". "true" will opt out matching contacts from receiving sms. "false" will opt them in