A webhook is a way for Big Purple Dot to send contact information to other apps or websites services outside of BPD. It allows the system to send desired contact information to another application whenever a certain event occurs within the CRM. This means that the receiving application can be alerted and take some action in response to the event such as sending alerts, populate spreadsheets, create document templates with dynamic data, create tasks on project management tools, or even send hand written letters or ring-less voicemails.
Here are some of the Actions that can trigger a webhook:
- Created - When a contact is initially created
- Update - When a contact has a field updated through a secondary source such as Encompass or API Post.
- Delete - When the contact is deleted
- Save - When the contact is saved through the BPD platform
- When a user is assigned to a contact and is the first user from a company to be assigned, this will trigger a webhook
- When ANY contact status is added and/or removed on a contact
- By a specific User being assigned to the contact
- Posting URL (Where we are sending the information to)
- List of fields from the contact to send
- Action trigger(s) from the list above