Increase the efficiency of outbound calling using the BPD Power Dialer. The power dialer works by automatically dialing from a saved list of contacts. You can easily update the contacts with tags, notes, and comments during your call for added efficiency. After the call concludes, disposition the call and the dialer will automatically start dialing the next contact on the list.
|⚠️ To use the power dialer, your account must have the power dialer activate. Contact your system admin to request this feature to be turned on or, if you are the admin of your account, contact email@example.com to request this feature.
In this article, learn how to:
How to use the power dialer
Launching the power dialer
- Open the power dialer, by clicking on 'POWER DIALER' from the 'CONTACTS' page.
- Select a saved filter to dial, from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the tracking number, you'd like to use to place the outbound calls.
- Click 'Launch Dialer', when you're ready to place the first call. The dialer will initiate the call as soon as you launch the dialer.
💡 Use the 'Smart' tracking number to automatically detect and place a call using a tracking number that is the closest match to the contact's area code. Smart tracking numbers apply to all power dialer enabled tracking numbers.
Using the power dialer
Using the power dialer window: This will appear as soon as the call is placed after launching the dialer.
- Keypad: Used to key enter IVR prompts or extensions
- Call Duration: Shows the duration of the current call, the number of people active on the call (including yourself), and an option to 'Hang Up' the call
- Voicemail Drop: Coming soon! 🚀
- Warm Transfer: Transfer the contact to another phone number without placing the contact on hold
- Edit Statuses: Update the contact status during or after the call wraps up
- Call Summary: Add notes to summarize the call. Your summary will be added to the notes section of the contact record.
Wrapping up the call
Wrap-up the call, by updating the status tag or adding a call summary note (optional).
- Click 'Save Summary' when you're ready to move on to the next call.
Disposition the call: A prompt asking, "How did the call go?" will allow you to select one of the five dispositions:
- Reached: Successful contact made; contact is removed from the dialer list.
- No Answer: No contact made; contact will be called back based on the power dialer waiting rule
- Voicemail: No contact made; Contact will be called back based on the power dialer waiting rule
- Do Not Call: Removes the contact from the dialer list and any subsequent future dialer lists
Wrong Number: Removes the contact from the dialer list and subsequent future dialer lists
⚠️ Dispositioning a call as 'Do Not Call' does not add the contact to the state, federal, or internal company's DNC list. You are responsible to follow all state, federal, or internal regulations and policies.
End of dialer list
- 'You're all caught up!' will appear if you've reached the end of the dialer list.
- 'Next deferred call is scheduled for...' will show the date and time of the next contact that was deferred based on the disposition selected. Deferred wait periods are set by your administrator.
- 'Call Alert' window': New contact is available on the dialer list and/or a deferred contact is ready to be called back.
How to create a dialer list
The dialer list uses the Saved Filter Sets from the contacts page. To create a dialer list, simply create a saved filter set list from the Contacts page.
- Click on the 'Filter' icon from the 'CONTACTS' page.
- Use the 'Advanced Filters' to create your filter. To learn how to use the advanced filter feature, check out this helpful article.
- Click 'SAVE': In the New Filter box, enter the name of this filter set and click 'SAVE'.
- You can now use the saved filter set in the power dialer list drop-down menu.
Power Dialer FAQ
Q: What happens when I run out of contacts to call?
A: When you run out of contacts to call from your dialer list, you'll be put in a "waiting state" until one of two things happen: either a contact that matches the dialer list criteria becomes available, or a contact that was previously dispositioned as no answer or voicemail is ready to be called back based on the power dialer waiting rule.
Q: If there are more than one users in the waiting state, who calls on the contact that becomes available?
A: If multiple users are waiting for a call, the first person to click the "call" button on the "Call Alert" pop-up window will get the call. The other user(s) will be notified that someone else has taken the call.
Q: Will users see all contacts that meet the dialer list if they do not have access to a contact?
A: Users can only see and call contacts that they have access to. For instance, if a user has access to 300 out of the 500 available contacts on the dialer list, they will only be able to call those 300 contacts.
Q: How are contacts prioritized on the dialer list?
A: Contacts on the list are sorted by the date they were created, from newest to oldest. Deferred contacts are given the highest priority, with the one deferred first at the very top of the list.
Other related articles:
- Admin: Enable tracking numbers for power dialer
- Admin: Call Monitoring